Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January 14, 2013

This week has been super crazy - the week leading up before transfers and let's just say it was a wild one!  We did interchanges this week and I had a super sweet experience.  We were on our way back to the area and I was the last one to get up on the bus and like normal there were no seats left on the bus and I was the only one standing up.  No big deal, it was normal and I was happy standing up.  As I got on the bus though I passed a guy that was sitting in a seat by himself and the seat next to him was filled with boxes.  I didn't think anything of it and kept going.  The next thing I know the helper guy on the bus is motioning for me that he had a seat for me up closer to the front so I start going up and it was the guy who had the boxes in the seat.  I sat down and didn't think anything of it and then continued on with my life as a missionary.  I just started talking to him and contacted him.  He lives in the area of my district leader where I was going to be working that day so we called him up and went and visited him.  He is a doctor here and canceled his appointments for a little over an hour to accept us.  He accepted us really well and is a positive contact.  That night is when it got interesting.  We get to the house and are making our plans for the next day and we call him to make a follow up appointment and then we ended up talking to him for 10 minutes.  He goes on to tell us that when he got on the bus that day he told the guy working on the bus to charge him for two seats for his boxes because he didn't want to sit by anyone.  The next thing that he goes on to tell us was that he wasn't going to talk to me but he remembered a little kid in the street and the kid said hi and he just looked at him and said nothing.  The kid then told this doctor to stop and goes on to say that he was the first mute doctor he had ever met because all the doctors are always talking.  He said when I sat by him on the bus he remembered that experience and knew that he had to talk.  It was just a testimony builder to me that the Lord is preparing people and that they are out there - we just have to open our mouths.  It was super awesome!  Then to make the week get even more interesting the day after we had emergency transfers and my companion was changed out of the area and I got one of the Elders that was in an area close by.  Life is good.  The branch is picking up and starting to get excited and President is sending m ore missionaries out to help.  For sure with a lot of prayer we will have success.  Keep praying for us here in Campamento - we need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment