Monday, April 21, 2014

April 14, 2014

This week was a good week.  I feel really weird coming down to the end of my mission.  I felt like this was one of the best weeks of all of my mission.  We worked really hard and had a lot of success in some aspects.  The sad thing is no one came to church this week.  It is sometimes so frustrating working the hardest you can and then not see the results that you want.  I did have sweet experiences this week.  I went with Pastor and Julissa in Campamento this week and we had a really awesome lesson.  We started talking with them and I asked Julissa how she felt about being baptized and it was really awesome; we felt the spirit so strong with her.  I was guided by the spirit to be able to help her feel better for her baptism.  We were talking and I just told her don't let the little things that men do interfere with what God has said.  God has told her that it is the true church and she needs to follow what she has felt.  I also went with a less active that I had met over a year ago.  He is now living with a girl and they are thinking about getting married.  About a month ago their little boy died and they have been having a really hard time but it was awesome to read in the Book of Mormon with them and see the tears come to their eyes and they they really knew that it was true.  This week as well we had interchanges on Friday and it was really sweet.  We helped a member go and buy water and she made us dinner and then gave us a reference.  We went to teach the reference that night and it was a young couple that had just moved into a little apartment; we taught them the Restoration and it was awesome.  The guy said that Joseph Smith was a good prophet and that he believe that the church is true.  It was so awesome.  Pray for them - the familia Ponce - so that they can get baptized soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment