Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April 1, 2013

I don't know what is happening - I feel like March just started and now it is April!! YIKES!!!  It has been a really interesting and really good week.  We started the week with Monday and the power was out so we couldn't leave and visit because that would be stupid and dangerous.  I was on exchanges with one of the Zone Leaders that night and we spent the whole night sharing stories and we even had to kill a mouse so that made for an interesting start of the week.  The next day we just got straight to work and had an awesome day.  This week we had a lot of success.  We were able to lift our numbers up higher than they have been in months find a bunch of new people.  It was crazy to see the difference in this week and last week.  It is just like what happened with Joseph Smith right before God and Jesus Christ came he was tempted by Satan and that is like what happened to us.  Last week was really sucky and this week was awesome.  I started this week that it doesn't matter who it is I at least would say hello to everyone; it was a great blessing.  It has really showed me that God guides the people to us that need us.  In the process of just talking to everyone we had 5 people contact  us.  They either asked for Books of Mormon or for us to go visit them.  The Lord really is preparing people but we have to sacrifice to be able to receive these blessings.  There really are two sides of the veil in this work.  There are people on the other side that are changing the hearts of the people so that they accept us.  The missionary work is going further along than it has in months in this area.  The members don't help at all and don't want any part of it.  It's kind of funny, I get to teach every Sunday in church and at this point all the people are starting to either really love me or really hate me.  Those that are fulfilling their callings really love me and those that are sinners and don't do anything really hate me because the spirit always puts words in my mouth that they don't like to hear.  I have really learned one thing in the past couple of weeks - it is to follow the spirit.  The spirit really can guide us in everything we do if we just pay attention.  Sometimes we follow the spirit and we don't realize it until after.  I invite you all to look for the spirit in your lives and fulfill your callings.  God hates when people don't compete. Ecclesiastes 5:5

No comments:

Post a Comment