Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 15, 2013

This week has been awesome.  We had transfers and I stayed in the area and I am happy for that because I didn't want to leave.  I love it here.  I have a new companion; his name is Elder Guevara from El Salvador.  It has been really interesting as I started writing my letter today I got an email from President and he just told me that he trusts me and that he has put my companion with me for a reason so that he can learn to be obedient.  I feel great knowing that my president trusts in me to always put companions with me that always need help.  That's alright - he is a good companion and a lot of fun.  This wee we have a baptism planned and it will be awesome.  I am super excited that Delmy will be getting baptized on Saturday.  It is a great blessing and really the Lord trusts us to be able to baptize.  We are in the process of working a lot with members and just trying to use them to find new investigators - it is really hard for me because I love to knock doors but in this area its the only efficient way to do it.  The work is picking up and the members are great, we will see many miracles here in the area.  I was studying the scriptures today and I really loved something that I read.  I was reading in Nephi where Lehi is talking right before he dies and I love how he says to his sons to be men.  I love how many kings and fathers before they die they tell their people to be men.  We just need to be men of the priesthood.  I started thinking of all the great leaders in the church and prophets that they never put excuses - they always repent and recognize that they didn't do all that they could.  That's how we all have to be as missionaries and members of the church - there are no excuses.  We can't put excuses for what we didn't do.  It's gods plan and it is perfect and he just expects our best effort.  It really is the only true church and the true source of happiness in the world.  Pray for Delmy this week so that she can be baptized.

No comments:

Post a Comment