Monday, October 14, 2013

October 14, 2013


This week has been a crazy one!  We have been super busy all this week! We had a meeting with President Fortuna this week and also he had invited Elder Valledares that is from the seventy. It was an awesome meeting and when our mission president was talking something he said really stood out to me. I have been thinking about it a lot in these past few days. He said We all come to this earth with the potential to become like God but we put our own limits. As I thought about that and thinking back on what has happened in my mission it is true we put the limits in our lives God gives us the power and ability to become and to do whatever righteous thing that we want if we just strive for it! It made me think that we are going to accomplish a lot here in this zone because our potential is great and we aren't going to put limits on our work! We also had a funny experience this week! One of the assistants came and was working with us in our area one day this week. He used to be in this area and so we went with him and taught some of the old families that he had taught! It was super funny we ended up finding a family in the street that talked to us and told us that they were going to go to church with us on Sunday! We were super excited and they ended up following through. The funniest part about it is they live right in front of the other Elders! They live in an alley and their house is like 6 feet apart! The other Elders needless to say were a little angry with us when they found out we were teaching them.. All I can say is you snooze you lose. We also had a sweet lesson yesterday! WE got a text from one of the members here in the Branch (oh ya I am in a branch that the church attendance is like 175) she wrote us a message and told us at 5 we had an appointment with a family. So we went with her we get to the house and we had an awesome experience with this family. I was talking to the father while my companion was talking to the son and he told me about 3 years ago his son was murdered and as we got talking about it the spirit confirmed the words that I said when I told him that families can be eternal. You could see the tears swell up in his eyes as I taught him such a basic principle. I love this work and I know that God has a plan for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment